Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good Timing



After the big rains, I worked to repair the rows and prepare for the next rains. We received 2.25" overnight and during the day today!

Before the big rains, I planted 4 rows of seeds. All of the seeds have sprouted except the Parade Onions. In addition, we have Dill, Parsley, Cilantro volunteers, and lots of Bluebonnet sprouts! The Fall garden plants are doing well also. Pictured is the third of a series depicting the growth of Bayam and Cucumber. The other photo is of Butternut squash which is doing very well. What you cannot see is the cucumber virus,the plague of aphids, and the mosquitoes which have become very pesky.

Yesterday, I transplanted the broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage seedlings. I planted a dozen shallots. I mowed and fertilized the lawn. I feel that the timing was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home