Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tomatoes


Pictured here are Celebrities and Romas. The harvest has been bountiful. I have not made any tomato juice yet! I have about 40 lbs of tomatoes ready to can. I have made tomato sauce and frozen five packages. Mostly, we have been eating and sharing them. This week, I have started removing the Celebrity plants. They are setting a little new fruit, but the large tomatoes are almost all harvested. I have three rows of younger tomato plants just starting to bloom. They will hopefully supply a fall crop! The Romas are still producing the spring crop. I may leave a row of Romas into fall to see what happens. One of the rows is not shading anything. It is next to the TALL okra and is somewhat shaded from the summer sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home