Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Friday, March 25, 2011

Lemongrass

I read a suggestion in Real Vegetarian Thai by Nancie McDermott to put lemongrass in water to grow roots. I bought a bundle of 5 lemongrass stalks at the Asian market for about $1.00. I then left them in a little water in the kitchen for about 6 weeks. Of the 5, only 2 have roots now and one has a tiny new stalk. So, I planted those two in a pot. I just reread the information in the book, and the author had suggested buying nice fresh lemongrass, which these weren't. She also said to cut the stalks to a length of 5" which of course I did not do. Maybe I would have better success if I read the information more carefully. I am happy, though. I now have lemongrass growing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home