Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

 


Today I harvested the last of the zucchini. The weather is in the mid to upper 90s, indicating that it is time to transition to the summer garden. Some of the spring plants will be too stressed to continue being productive. This year, the zucchini were the most successful ever.

I also pulled the yellow wax beans. They were great in the colder weather and were planted earlier than the other beans.

The pumpkin was also harvested today. Even though pumpkins are squashes, they may continue to the summer season because they have the ability to form roots along the vines. I got the idea of growing pumpkins from reading the Alexander McCall Smith books set in Botswana. I have had limited success, but still wish to work with the pumpkins in my garden.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home