Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Today I canned 3 pints of sweet relish. This is my first attempt, and will not be the last. I used 8 cucumbers, 3 white bermuda onions and 4 small anaheim peppers.

I also canned 5 pints of Bread & Butter pickles. I used the recipe from Joy of Cooking, to the letter. This will be my control batch. The recipe calls for white vinegar and white sugar.

I also prepared refrigerator cucumber slices with rice vinegar, sugar, and green onions. I still have a few Parade onions under the tomato plants. So far, all of the canning I have done incorporates organically grown vegetables from my garden. The onions are all white Bermuda onions. I also have some yellow onions which I have not used for canning yet.

I also prepared two dishes for immediate consumption. They are zucchini with fresh tomatoes, leeks and basil plus Mixed Beans cooked in store bought Organic Vegetable Broth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home