Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sawi & Bayam


Sawi and Bayam are vegetables I have been growing for the first time, from seeds which my cousin brought me from Malaysia. These vegetables are very popular around the world especially in India. The result; delicious! I waited for the Sawi to bloom since the flowers and stems are eaten with the leaves. The plants were less than 12" tall. This picture of sawi was taken last week, before I pulled them all and turned the row for cauliflower transplants. Bayam pictures have been posted earlier. These amaranthus plants grew to 6'. I plan to replant Sawi in early spring and Bayam a little later. It is a dream to have easy to grow greens to eat in the summer. We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home