Radish Stew

A Central Texas Gardening Journal

Monday, May 24, 2010

Books

My husband and I enjoy cooking books and gardening books. On a recent excursion to the Half Price books I found a treasure; Herbs for the Kitchen by Irma Goodrich Mazza. Written in 1937, this book is a gem of suggestions for growing and cooking with herbs. I had an opportunity to sit for hours and read portions of this book before I brought it home. Back at the casa, my husband perused my new book with approval. He happened to be reading The Art of Eating by MFK Fisher which was first published in 1937. That day, he was reading the section on oysters. MFK Fisher gave an interesting recipe for Tartar Sauce and credited the origin of the recipe; Herbs for the Kitchen by Irma Goodrich Mazza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home